Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alex_monkey
Frequent Visitor

Two groups of synchronized slicers, slicing on the same attribute

Hi all,

I am a bit confused about slicer synchronizations.

I have 5 pages in my report. Each page has a slicer which filters on "company". I want to sync the slicers of pages 1 to 4, but have an independent slicer for page 5. So I added the slicers from page 1 to 4 and synced them, which works as it should. However, when I add the slicer in page 5, it automatically syncs with the other slicers. And when I try to unsync it using the "sync slicers" panel, all other slicers get affected. Removing the "group name to sync selection" doesn't help either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alex_monkey,

It is not possible to create two groups of synchronized slicers as you describe. You can sync slicer from page 1 to page 4 and keep slicer independent in page 5, page 6 and page 7.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@alex_monkey,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Everything works well in my scenario and I am using Power BI Desktop June releas(2.59.5135.601). For the page 5 , I don't select the sync checkbox.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your answer. I have version 2.59.5135.421.

Indeed, if I dont check the sync box for the slicer on page 5, the slicer is independent (I thought I had to uncheck all other sync boxes to achieve that).

However, how can I now sync the slicer of page 5 with other slicers ? (e.g. on page 6)

I also seem to get a bug since I am syncing slicers. I made an attribute slicer following this tutorial:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/02/crazy-table-gymnastics-part-2-build-support-materials/

for my page 7. Page 7 also has a slicer on campany, which is now independent. But since I am syncing slicers, the slicer on company of page 7 doesn't seem to let me select the full list of available companies. 

I know my question gets a bit complicated. If I find the time, I will share a minimal example reproducing the problem.

@alex_monkey,

It is not possible to create two groups of synchronized slicers as you describe. You can sync slicer from page 1 to page 4 and keep slicer independent in page 5, page 6 and page 7.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.