Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FatherTheWizard
Resolver I
Resolver I

Two different level measures in table -> how to make the lowest level look neater

Hello,

This is probably easy one.

I have Actuals and Budget measures in table in different columns. Rows are Team and below that employees of the team(s). Budget data is on Team level and Actuals are Team+Employee level so one level lower/detailed compared to budgets. The problem is that when I drill down to employee level on the table the budget column shows the team level total for each employee. I know this cannot be fixed because the different granularity but what I would like to do is to show empty on employee level for Budget column.

Is that possible by modifying the measure etc? That would make users feel less confusing.

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@FatherTheWizard you can check if you are employee level then don't show budget, update your measure something like this.

Budget = IF( NOT(HASONEFILTER( Table[Employee])), SUM(Table1[Budget])) 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

hi,

Unfortunately that formula did not work for me. Actually after applying that it showed all the possible employees under each team in the result table so it worked out a bit worse actually. I do not know what should I change.

Thanks for the tip on ISINSCOPE. However, I am not quite sure if that could be utilized here.

@FatherTheWizard Can you share the sample dataset so that I can test it on my end. and send the solution. Thanks!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Unfortunately that is not possible. I understand it is quite difficult to explain and understand complex data model without getting access to it. Probably I need to trial and error.

@FatherTheWizard,

Just simplify your model as much as possible and illustrate with dummy data.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@FatherTheWizard also you can use new dax function ISINSCOPE, here is a post with more information on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.