Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

candy
Regular Visitor

Two decimal places - online/desktop figure

Hello, I have a few question about power bi online and desktop.

I have tried  power BI  online and desktop for my boss and their boss! That's great! 

Q1: But there's few questions. 

I want the number in figures  will be two decimal places…. How can I set it? Could I set it for figure as I need only two decimal places show? (No need to change raw data excel files)

Q2: As I change the raw number for all two decimal places,  the desk top seems to be OK. 

But how come when it be published to online

I publish to online version, then it turned to be 999.08 => 999.079999999999

Desk versionDesk versionOnline version (desktop publish)Online version (desktop publish)

Could you help me, my boss and their boss hope it will be clear number QQ(two decimal places)

Thank you so much!  Smiley Happy 

BR

Candy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Candy,

You can set the data type for your column either at query stage or after loading to PowerBI. As shown in the screenshot, go the Table View on the left side of the screen, Go to the Modelling Tab, and Select your desired column, Select the Fixed Decimal number with the precision of 2 decimal points. This will set the data type required for your column.

Fixed decimal number with precision of 2 decimal pointsFixed decimal number with precision of 2 decimal points

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LeslieCox
Frequent Visitor

Bhavesh- does the longer number round when this is set, or not?  If it rounds, what rules does it round by and how would one change that rounding behavior either way?

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Candy,

You can set the data type for your column either at query stage or after loading to PowerBI. As shown in the screenshot, go the Table View on the left side of the screen, Go to the Modelling Tab, and Select your desired column, Select the Fixed Decimal number with the precision of 2 decimal points. This will set the data type required for your column.

Fixed decimal number with precision of 2 decimal pointsFixed decimal number with precision of 2 decimal points

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Candy,

Fixed Decimal Number with 2 decimal precision.Fixed Decimal Number with 2 decimal precision.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.