cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vadim_Drevin
Frequent Visitor

Two dates on X-axis based on 2 dimensions AND one measure on Y-axis

Hello Community!

I have a simple case but can't solve it with PowerBI, so I need an advice.

I have MS OLAP Cube and I connected to it using Power BI.

I have fact table "FACT" with a lot of columns including 2 ones: "Open Time" and "Close Time".

I have 2 dimensions "Dim_Open_Date" and "Dim_Close_Date". Both dimensions with hierarchy like Year-Quarter-Month-Day.

I have a simple measure called "Entites Count" - just a count of rows.

I want to create a visual like "Clustered column chart" where on X-axis I will have date hierarchy (Y-Q-M-D) and on Y-axis I will have my measure "Entites Count" - left bar biuld on "Dim_Open_Date" and right bar build on "Dim_Close_Date".

That's it. Will be appreciate any piece of advice. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Vadim_Drevin,

This issue is more related to MDX query, if you can get "Open date Entites Count" and "Close date Entites Count" in your MDX, then you can create this bar chart easily. So you need to create those two measure in your cube. Here is the sample query for you reference.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.