Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ros-ec
Helper I
Helper I

Two data sets with the same fields in and the data is compounding in a graph and a table. - Power bi

Hi

I am getting to grips with powerbi, I've done a 7 hour course and clearly have some way to go, so any assistance or pointing to the right direction would be very welcomed. I'm comfortable with Excel.

I have connected to three SQL data views:

1.) Sales - with fields date, amount for each sale client id, year, accounting period (base data)

2.) Fees balance - with fields, client balance, client id, year, accounting period

3.) Client data - with fields, client id, client name, account manager plus other client related fields

In the relationships I have connected them together via the client identifier one client in each case where the one is the client.

Next set up a table with Year & Period from sales, Client Id from client data, fees balance from fees balance.

The result is the balances per period per client are massively over stated. 

Help and thank you.

Best wishes

Ros

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I created a table with the year and period in - then connected all the other tables to this year and period (many to one) then filtered on this and the problem went away. Seemed to be my data relations. Thank you for your offer to help. Best wishes

Ros

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Ros-ec ,

Can you provide a picture of your model and the result you are getting with some sanitised data?

Thanks,

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

I created a table with the year and period in - then connected all the other tables to this year and period (many to one) then filtered on this and the problem went away. Seemed to be my data relations. Thank you for your offer to help. Best wishes

Ros

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.