Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

M82
Advocate I
Advocate I

Two Slicers to pass filters to a visual

Hello,

I am trying to run a comparison of two teams side by side. The issue I have is when I have selected two teams on two different slicers, I would like to feed those two teams into a visual.

Is this possible? I can provide the pbix file if needed.

Thanks

M82

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for reply - managed to figure it out. Created another table of the columns I needed using the summarize function, then pointed the second slicer to this table. Then was able to pass both tables into the same visual. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MitchM
Resolver II
Resolver II

If I understand correctly you are trying to use 2 slicers in an OR statement, as opposed to the native AND logic? What kind of output are you wanting? On same visual or different? This is relatively easy if you can display the comparisons on seperate visuals. Depending on the type of data you want to display this is also doable on the same visual. Sharing the pbix file or a screenshot of a mock dataset would be helpful.

Thank you for reply - managed to figure it out. Created another table of the columns I needed using the summarize function, then pointed the second slicer to this table. Then was able to pass both tables into the same visual. 

Hi @M82 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario and your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.