Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benmoulam

Turn on Line Markers with Continuous axis

Hi All, 

Using the May 2018 version - I'd hoped that the ability to set Line stroke to zero and just show the markers would be a good workaround for effectively creating a scatter chart with a date X-axis.. 

However - it seems you cannot turn on the Line markers with a Continuous X-axis! Why on earth not?! 

A Categorical axis doesn't work for me, as I need to show the distribution of data over time.. i.e. More Data points in the summer months.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

FYI - My Scatter Chart currently works with the workaround posted elsewhere on this forum:

Index in the Details

Measure in the X-Axis: #ChartDate = Value(min('TRANSACTIONS'[CREATED_DATE]))

but then you get datevalue on the x-axis which isn't very intuitive for users (42830 vs 5-Apr-17)

Thanks, 

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @benmoulam,

@benmoulam wrote:

Hi All, 

Using the May 2018 version - I'd hoped that the ability to set Line stroke to zero and just show the markers would be a good workaround for effectively creating a scatter chart with a date X-axis.. 

However - it seems you cannot turn on the Line markers with a Continuous X-axis! Why on earth not?! 

As I know, it seems that we cannot create a scatter chart with a date X-axis directly. The scatter chart only support number values in X-Axis and Y-Axis currently in Power BI.

You could vote this ideas below which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20571862-continuous-x-axis-in-bub...

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33397024-date-hiearchy-on-x-axis-...

In addition, you could have a reference of this similar thread which has solved. You may could have a try with another visual line chart.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.