cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kadingo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Turn off data labels in clustered bar chart

The sample screenshot below is from a clustered bar chart. Is there away i can turn off data labels for the green bars but retain the labels for the blue bars?

If i turn of data labels, labels are turned off for both the blue & green bars but i would to only hide the labels for the green bars  but retain them for the blue bars.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
printfjess Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Turn off data labels in clustered bar chart

Sure can!

In your chart's visualisation settings, click on the Format tab, expand the settings for Data Labels, then towards the end of that list there is an option for 'Customise Series'

Switch that on, and you'll have additional options to customise the labels for each column (select the series from drop down list).

Note - I'm using the latest (June 2018) update for Power BI, which has new features for label customisation (yay!).  So if you don't see Customise Series in your label options, you just need to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop and reopen your file.

Edit to add: This only seems to be available if there are multiple Values in your chart.  If you have one Value that you are segmenting into different columns using a Legend then that presently won't give you additional options for customised labels.

2 REPLIES 2
printfjess Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sure can!

In your chart's visualisation settings, click on the Format tab, expand the settings for Data Labels, then towards the end of that list there is an option for 'Customise Series'

Switch that on, and you'll have additional options to customise the labels for each column (select the series from drop down list).

Note - I'm using the latest (June 2018) update for Power BI, which has new features for label customisation (yay!).  So if you don't see Customise Series in your label options, you just need to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop and reopen your file.

Edit to add: This only seems to be available if there are multiple Values in your chart.  If you have one Value that you are segmenting into different columns using a Legend then that presently won't give you additional options for customised labels.

Highlighted
kadingo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Great tip, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Summit Australia 2019

Summit Australia 2019

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 881 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: