Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mikez2605
Regular Visitor

Turn off Matrix Year Total

I'm creating a Matrix using Dynamics 365 data, which shows time and expenses for a user, against each project, for the past three months. I want to show the grand total of the matrix, however would like to omit the automatic year total that Power BI automatically creates.

I've seen posts about how to remove the grand total, however I can't find anything to remove the year totals. I don't want to just make the columns really small, as this messes with the formatting.

I would prefer to keep the date hierarchy in the column, instead of creating a new date column, as this will just create more issues with sorting of the columns (so March comes before April), and issues with year end (eg. Dec, Jan, Feb)

The image below shows what I have so far, any ideas on how to remove the columns in yellow?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shebr
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @mikez2605

See image below.

You can see I have the same option as you in the tob tabe, and not in the second tabe.

Under the subtotals menu you have a an option 'Per column level'. Switch the relevant subtotal off and switch th per column level on and one of the groups.

Try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

shebr

Total.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
shebr
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @mikez2605

See image below.

You can see I have the same option as you in the tob tabe, and not in the second tabe.

Under the subtotals menu you have a an option 'Per column level'. Switch the relevant subtotal off and switch th per column level on and one of the groups.

Try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

shebr

Total.JPG

Amazing, that worked perfectly! Didn't even realise those extra options exist!

Thank you very much 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.