Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheKiltedGolfer
Helper III
Helper III

Turn off Focus Mode?

Is there a way to turn off "Focus mode" in presentations?  I have slicers that the filter, focus mode, and more options become available after selecting something within that slicer. There is no reason for the person viewing the report to select any of these option so was wondering if these options can be hidden somehow.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TheKiltedGolfer Yes you can turn off by going to format pane, and under visual header you can turn on/off options and focus mode is one of it

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ahmad7886
Frequent Visitor

Click on the visual and format>General>Header Icon Off. as shown in attached picture. after publishing there will be no focus mode.

Ahmad7886_1-1680243221563.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@TheKiltedGolfer Yes you can turn off by going to format pane, and under visual header you can turn on/off options and focus mode is one of it

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k How do I do this now, with the new design of Desktop? I can't find any options anywhere. Thanks in advance.

@Anonymous not sure what you mean, it is on format section under visual header

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k Thanks for responding. I have that turned off already, but was looking to stop focus mode from the ellipsis menu of a dashboard tile. Perhaps it isn't that big a deal - I'm not sure until we release these particular dashboards to users.

I did try that but its still there in my Power BI Desktop visual.  I will try publishing it to see if the option goes away in the published visual.

@TheKiltedGolfer Yes when you are in edit mode (in deskop), it will show but after publish, in reading mode, you will not see these options.

You are correct.  It still shows in edit mode (Desktop) but not after it is published.  Thank You !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.