Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jondurbridge
Helper I
Helper I

Trying to work out open tickets at the end of months

Hi All,

I'm struggling to get my head around this. I have a ticketing system, and what I need to try and work out is how many tickets were open at the end of each month.

Tickets are calculated by a distinctcount of ticket number

Each ticket has a create date

Each tickets has a complete date (or blank if not completed)

I have a separate table for Date which has relationships with completed and created times.

I am trying to produce a graph where the axis is the date, and then display tickets that were open in each month

I need something along the lines of 

Calculate(DistinctCount(Tasknumber),createtime<=month and complete time is blank or >month)

I cant seem to get this working

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm really sorry.

After raising this topic it showed me reccomendations.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-Number-of-Tickets-Open-at-the-End-of-the-Month/m-...

That one above nailed exactly what I needed.

Kudos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Refer to the article on the same line: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

I'm really sorry.

After raising this topic it showed me reccomendations.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-Number-of-Tickets-Open-at-the-End-of-the-Month/m-...

That one above nailed exactly what I needed.

Kudos

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @jondurbridge ,

my data model looks like:

image.png

There are relationship between

• date and invoice date key
  • date and delivery date key

It's essential to know, that the invoice date key corresponds to your created time and the delivery date key corresponds to your completed time.

Here is the measure that counts the open sales keys:

no of open saleskeys = 
var datemax = CALCULATE(MAX('Dimension Date'[Date]))
return
CALCULATE(
    SUMX(
        FILTER(
            'Fact Sale'
            ('Fact Sale'[Invoice Date Key] <= datemax && ISBLANK('Fact Sale'[Delivery Date Key]))
            ||
            ('Fact Sale'[Invoice Date Key] <= datemax && 'Fact Sale'[Delivery Date Key] > datemax)
        ) 
        , 1
    )
    , ALL('dimension Date') 
    , CROSSFILTER('Dimension Date'[Date] , 'Fact Sale'[Delivery Date Key] , None)
    , CROSSFILTER('Dimension Date'[Date] , 'Fact Sale'[Invoice Date Key] , None)
)

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for. If not please consider to provide a pbix that contains sample data and reflects your data model. Upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Alberto Ferrari has a video with a use case for Open Orders that is similar to your needs.

See this video starting at minute 50

https://www.sqlbi.com/tv/dax-optimization-examples/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.