Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saturation
Frequent Visitor

Trying to use Power BI Option Set Assistant where multiple fields have same underlying numeric value

Hi, I'm trying to use the published data from the Power BI Option Set Assistant for D365, but I realized that it's not going to work as is it's supposed to unless there are unique underlying values for the option set value across the system. Unfortunately, I have multiple option sets on each entity, and all of my option set values start at the 864,000,000 value, so the values aren't matching up properly because of this. How can I extend this to get the values per my correct field? I.e., I have 2 option sets on the loans table, 

new_Source

Web      |  864,000,000

Print     |  864,000,001

new_Type

Bank       |  864,000,000

Personal |  864,000,001

I can't join the option set table with my loan table due to both fields having the same numerical value. Without going back and redoing every single option set value in my system, is there another way to get the labels linked to the right value on my Loans entity? Or is there a way to add the extra criteria of the attribute name, ie. "new_Type"? I tried following this https://www.catapulterp.com/power-bi-option-set-assistant-d365/ and it didn't work because of the values.

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @saturation ,

I'm not familiar with Power BI Option Set Assistant.

To solve your problem quickly, you could create a support ticket to get further help.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.