Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get the YTD Activation Rate

I'm trying to get the YTD activation rate but i'm having trouble displaying the right calculation. 

Here is what i have. 

DIVIDE(PBI_Activations[Activated], [Registered Accounts]) = Activation Rate (works) 

Registered Accounts =
SUM(PBI_Activations[ActivatedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ActivatedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ClosedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ClosedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[DeclinedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[DeclinedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[PendingAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[PendingNewCount])   (works also) 

YTD Activated = CALCULATE(sum(PBI_Activations[ActivatedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ActivatedNewCount]), DATESYTD(PBI_Activations[AccessoneAccountCreatedDT].[Date]))
 (Works) 

YTD Registered Accounts = CALCULATE(SUM(PBI_Activations[ActivatedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ActivatedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ClosedAddonCount]) +
SUM(PBI_Activations[ClosedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[ClosedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[DeclinedAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[DeclinedNewCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[PendingAddonCount]) + sum(PBI_Activations[PendingNewCount]), DATESYTD(PBI_Activations[AccessoneAccountCreatedDT].[Date]))   

Also works just fine. 

But when i'm trying to divide these last YTD to get my YTD activation Rate it doesn't work. Here is what i'm using 
YTD Activation Rate = DIVIDE(PBI_Activations[YTD Activated], [YTD Registered Accounts])  what i'm getting is the value's 1. thats it. 

it's suppose to at the very least display an decimal number but it isn't. 

Also one other thing. could you asisst me in getting the numbers (activation rates) to display in percent instead of decimals? I tried the display total as percent but it gave me larger values which wasn't corralating with the data. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - It's possible that the problem is simply a formatting issue. For example 90% would round up to 1 if format is Whole Number. You can change the format on the Modeling tab. You need to select your measure and then set the format. Please let me know whether that works.

Format a Measure.PNG

I hope this helps. If it does, please Mark as a solution.
I also appreciate Kudos.
Nathan Peterson

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - It's possible that the problem is simply a formatting issue. For example 90% would round up to 1 if format is Whole Number. You can change the format on the Modeling tab. You need to select your measure and then set the format. Please let me know whether that works.

Format a Measure.PNG

I hope this helps. If it does, please Mark as a solution.
I also appreciate Kudos.
Nathan Peterson
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! that worked. that small piece of information. i wasn't selecting the measure when i was in the modeling ribbon. oh well, i learned now. lol. Thanks a bunch! @Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.