Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cel13

Trying to get a Average of a Percent Complete by Phase

I am struggling to be able to get the Correct % Complete by phase for the data I have. I have a column that is my percent complete and I would like to have an average of percent complete by phase.  I know i have Percentages of 0%, 65%, and 80% and i shouldnt be seeing 340%

Anything I do, it shows the incorrect data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Essentially I am trying to recreate this from excel.Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@cel13 

Please share a sample of your data in a format that can be copied (paste it into the post from excel, not a screen shot) and include samples from each table involved.  I looks like Phase - Tier 1 might be coming from a different table since you have no amounts appearing under anything but the blank.  Also an example of the expected outcome.  We will need this information in order the help write the measures.

Here is a snip bit of the data (which is still in progress of being built out as to why there are blanks): 

Phase - Tier 1                 % Complete
                                       0%
                                       80%
                                       65%
Risk Assessment             0%
Reporting                       0%
Substantive - Final         0%
Substantive - Interim     0%

Does this match your expected result?

Avg % Complete = AVERAGE ( YourTable[% Complete] )

PctComplete.jpg

@jdbuchanan71 I can't get the measure you meantioned to show the same thing: 

Capture.PNG

@cel13 

Can you share your .pbix file?  You can upload it to OneDrive or DropBox and share the link here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.