Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to display a measure in the legend not tootltips

I am trying to display a chart where I can show projects in my organization which have any issues where a projects has 0 issues,>1,>5,>10 issues as different catogories. I can show the projects with any issues in a table format as shown below but when I am trying to display them in a bar chart or a pie chart the 'issuestatus' is only displaying it in the tooltips and not in the legend or values. I want to show a pie or a bar chart to display the no. of projects which have no issues(=0), minor(3<>6), major(6<>10) or significant issues(>10). Below are the DAX queries that I wrote and images of the visuals. Please let me know if there is any alternative solution to this.

(Column)ComputedProjectID = IF(Tasks[IssueFlagCode]<>"",Tasks[ProjectId])

(Column)IssueFlagCount = CALCULATE(COUNT(Tasks[ComputedProjectID]),Tasks[IssueFlagCode]<>"")

(Measure)IssueFlagStatus = IF([IssueFlagCount]>10,"Significant Issues", IF(AND([IssueFlagCount]<=10,[IssueFlagCount]>5),"Major Issues",IF(AND([IssueFlagCount]<=5,[IssueFlagCount]>=1),"Minor Issues","No Issues")))Image 1.png

Image 2.png

3 REPLIES 3
brad1

Did you ever figure this out?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Generally you need to use the disconnected table trick for something like that I believe. See article here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler I tried the disconnected table trick to see if I can plot the measure as a legend but it is still showing me the newly created measure in the tooltips.

(Column)ComputedProjectID = IF(Tasks[IssueFlagCode]<>"",Tasks[ProjectId])

(Column)IssueFlagCount = CALCULATE(COUNT(Tasks[ComputedProjectID]),Tasks[IssueFlagCode]<>"")

Created New Measures

Significant Issues = IF(Tasks[IssueFlagCount]>10,"Significant Issues","")

Major Issues = IF(AND(Tasks[IssueFlagCount]<=10,Tasks[IssueFlagCount]>5),"Major Issues","")

Minor Issues = IF(AND(Tasks[IssueFlagCount]<=5,Tasks[IssueFlagCount]>=1),"Minor Issues","")

No Issues = IF(Tasks[IssueFlagCount]=0,"No Issues","")

Created new Table via the enter data query and add a column with the issue labels(significant,major,minor,no issues).

Created a new measure to tie everything together

IssueFlagStatus_v3 =
IF(
// This first IF condition forces the measure to evaluate in the context of the visual
HASONEVALUE(Tasks[ComputedProjectID]),
// This next condition avoids getting the error that the visual cannot be displayed
IF(HASONEVALUE(Issues_Static[Issue_status]),
// This switch statement uses the values from our Attendance slicer to determine which measure to display
SWITCH(
VALUES(Issues_Static[Issue_status]),
"Significant Issues",[Significant Issues],
"Major Issues",[Major Issues], "Minor Issues",[Minor Issues], "No Issues", [No Issues]
),
// If the Attendance slicer has not been selected, just display the date of the training
""
)
)

But even after using this I am not able to see the issue status in the vlaue/legend version and can only see it in the tooltips as before.

I tried creating them as a column but it is giving me the circular dependency error. Please let me know if I need to change anything in the code to make it work.

Thanks

Sridhar

Image 3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.