Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robertt364

Trying to default a value without making it a filter

Hi all - I have a report where i am trying to put several different vizualizations on the same page that are showing different timeframes.  The large viz on the page is a trend on data for the last 8 quarters and there are a bunch of smaller ones where i want to just default the data to show the current period info.  For example, there is a bar chart showing a geographical breakdown for our current quarter to date.  I'm trying to figure out how to default that viz to show the current quarter without making it a filter so that if someone clicks on the trend chart for a different quarter it will update the bar chart to the quarter selected.  Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robertt364,

It seems that you want to cross-filter the visualizations in a report page, right? If that is the case, you can use Visual Interactions option in Power Desktop, please table a look at the following blog about how Visual Interactions option works.

http://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2016/11/23/visual-interactions-in-power-bi/

If the Visual Interactions option doesn’t satisfy your requirement, please help to share sample data of tables and post a screenshot with your expected result.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.