Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JakeSchmetterer

Trying to create a Bubble Chart with two values

Hello,

The following bubble chart was created by someone using a program that was not Power BI:

JakeSchmetterer_0-1599690879822.png

I want to recreate it but in Power BI. Here is what I have managed to do so far:

JakeSchmetterer_1-1599690960531.png

I put Check-In Time and Check-Out Time in the X-Axis but I can't get them both to show up at the same time. I can toggle between the two by drilling down, but that's now what I want. I want to see the check-in times in blue and check-out times in organe all on the same graph. Is this possible with Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakeSchmetterer ,

You may go to Query Editor, select on the two columns [Check-In Time (bins)] and [Check-Out Time (bins)] in the meantime, right click to choose option "Unpivot columns",  then you can rename the result column Attribute with "Check Time" ,don't forget to click button " Close & Apply" .  After that, you may put [Check Time] column into Legend box .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JakeSchmetterer ,

You may go to Query Editor, select on the two columns [Check-In Time (bins)] and [Check-Out Time (bins)] in the meantime, right click to choose option "Unpivot columns",  then you can rename the result column Attribute with "Check Time" ,don't forget to click button " Close & Apply" .  After that, you may put [Check Time] column into Legend box .

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@JakeSchmetterer - You cannot use details with x, y pairs. You would need a column or something to identify check-in or check-out and a single measure that displayed the value you want. Put the check-in/check-out column in your legend. Put your single x measure in your values.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your response. However I my check-in and check-out times are two separate columns. I can't put more than one column into Legend

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JakeSchmetterer , The above one is using a time bucket.  And legend. Top right corner showing legend.

First, try legend, and they try a time bucket.

Time table of which you can create time bucket

https://kohera.be/blog/power-bi/how-to-create-a-time-table-in-power-bi-in-a-few-simple-steps/

Legend wont work beause I can't put both my check-in column and check-out column in there, it only accepts one.

I did create a Time Table and it looks like this:

JakeSchmetterer_0-1599770539101.png

This is what my other table looks like:

JakeSchmetterer_1-1599770567787.png

I have connected them as such:

JakeSchmetterer_2-1599770591624.png

But I cannot figure out how to make this graph work... This is what I have:

JakeSchmetterer_3-1599770627527.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.