Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MKatsanevas
Helper III
Helper III

Trying to create Lost Customers measure and getting out of memory error.

Hello . I was hoping someone could help me. I created the calc below for lost customers. It works great however when the range is expanded I get a memory error. this query uses more memory than is configured. Code is below. I have tried to add variables to it to optimize it but cant seem to get it to work. Any help or sugestions would be highly appreciated.

Lost UBP =
IF (
NOT (
MIN ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date] )
> CALCULATE ( MAX (Transactions[local_transaction_date] ), ALL ( Transactions) ) ),
COUNTROWS (
FILTER (
ADDCOLUMNS (
FILTER (
CALCULATETABLE (
ADDCOLUMNS (
CALCULATETABLE (
VALUES ( Partner[ParentPartnerID] ), Transactions),
"CustomerLostDate", [LastPurchaseDate]+ 365),
FILTER (
ALL ( 'Calendar' ),
AND (
'Calendar'[calendar_date] < MIN ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date] ),
'Calendar'[calendar_date] >= MIN ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date] )- 365))),
AND (
AND (
[CustomerLostDate] >= MIN ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date] ),
[CustomerLostDate] <= MAX ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date] )),
[CustomerLostDate] <=
CALCULATE ( MAX ( Transactions[local_transaction_date] ), ALL ( Transactions ) ) ) ),
"FirstBuyInPeriod", [FirstPurchaseDate]),
OR (
ISBLANK ( [FirstBuyInPeriod] ),
[FirstBuyInPeriod] > [CustomerLostDate] ) ) ) )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actualy solved the issue. The calc is below. Thank you all for trying to help.

Lost customer =
VAR FirstDateSelected = FIRSTDATE( DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date], 0, MONTH ) )
VAR LastDateSelected = LASTDATE( DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date], 0, MONTH ) )
VAR CustomerLostDate = CALCULATE (
[LastPurchaseDate],
CALCULATETABLE (
Transactions,
FILTER (
ALL ( Partner ),
Partner[ParentPartnerID] = MAX ( Partner[ParentPartnerID] )
),
FILTER ( ALL ( 'Calendar' ), 'Calendar'[calendar_date] <= [LastPurchaseDate]) ) ) +365

RETURN
SUMX (
VALUES( Partner[ParentPartnerID] ),
IF (
CustomerLostDate>= FirstDateSelected
&& CustomerLostDate <= LastDateSelected, 1 ) )

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

I actualy solved the issue. The calc is below. Thank you all for trying to help.

Lost customer =
VAR FirstDateSelected = FIRSTDATE( DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date], 0, MONTH ) )
VAR LastDateSelected = LASTDATE( DATEADD ( 'Calendar'[calendar_date], 0, MONTH ) )
VAR CustomerLostDate = CALCULATE (
[LastPurchaseDate],
CALCULATETABLE (
Transactions,
FILTER (
ALL ( Partner ),
Partner[ParentPartnerID] = MAX ( Partner[ParentPartnerID] )
),
FILTER ( ALL ( 'Calendar' ), 'Calendar'[calendar_date] <= [LastPurchaseDate]) ) ) +365

RETURN
SUMX (
VALUES( Partner[ParentPartnerID] ),
IF (
CustomerLostDate>= FirstDateSelected
&& CustomerLostDate <= LastDateSelected, 1 ) )

Partner 

to be honest I was under the impression that measures can be in any table and they work the same is that not so?

@MKatsanevas this is a Calculated Column, not a measure.  It won't work as a measure.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

ok thank you for your help. I cant create a calcualted column. 

oh Im creating a mesure. Im usign a power BI model that I cant change so I cant add a calculated column

@MKatsanevas also, try use the below Calculated Column for your Transaction table:

Customer Type = 

VAR _1 = CALCULATE ( LASTDATE ( 'Transactions'[PurchaseDate] ) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Transactions' , Partner[Partner ID] ) , Transactions[PurchaseDate] )
VAR _2 = IF ( INT ( TODAY() - _1 ) > 365.2 , 1 , BLANK() )

RETURN

_2

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

this is my measure:

=
VAR _1=
CALCULATE (
LASTDATE ( Transactions[local_transaction_date] ) ,
FILTER (
ALLEXCEPT ('Transactions', Partner[ParentPartnerID]),
Transactions[local_transaction_date]))

VAR _2 = IF (INT( TODAY() - _1) > 365.2, 1, BLANK())

RETURN
_2
This is the result:
MKatsanevas_0-1644372077070.png

Hi @MKatsanevas you can use this version as a measure:

Customer Type = 

VAR _1 = CALCULATE ( LASTDATE ( 'Transactions'[PurchaseDate] ) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Transactions' , Partner[Partner ID] ) , Transactions[PurchaseDate] )
VAR _2 = IF ( INT ( TODAY() - _1 ) > 365.2 , 1 , BLANK() )

RETURN

_2

thank you but I get the same results a 1 in every column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.