Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Trying to control the increment values on a Clustered Bar Chart

I have two bar charts (below) that are showing the same information, but just by different categories (one is by

Manufacture Part, and the other is by Customer).

As you can see, the values are very similar.

My Question:    Is there a way to have the Customer bar chart show the same X axis increments as the Mfg Part increment?

Why is one broken down by 1,000, while the other goes from 0 to 5,000?

Ideally, I'd like both charts to show the X axis as this:    0   1,000   2,000   3,000   4,000   5,000

cluster bar chart.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think I just figured this out.  It has to do with the SIZE of the visual.  When I make the Customer visual longer,

it adds in the extra increments (see below).  Vice versa with the Mfg Part, it removes increments.

And it doesn't matter that the size (h x w) of the visuals are exactly the same.  It is governed by the size of the Y axis labels.

Because the Customer Name labels are longer and take up more room, that leaves less room for the bars.

charts.JPG

Thanks for your help. 

Rose

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Try manually assigning both charts the same Start / End X-Axis values.

See below where the top charts are 'auto'/'auto', and in the 2nd set of charts i've manually set both charts to 6500 'End'.

Capture.PNG

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Unfortunately, that didn't do anything.  I tried setting both to end at 6,000, but the middle increments did not change.

Man Sad

Can you either post your PBIX File, or provide us sample / mock data so we can duplicate your visuals how you built them?  FOrrest

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I think I just figured this out.  It has to do with the SIZE of the visual.  When I make the Customer visual longer,

it adds in the extra increments (see below).  Vice versa with the Mfg Part, it removes increments.

And it doesn't matter that the size (h x w) of the visuals are exactly the same.  It is governed by the size of the Y axis labels.

Because the Customer Name labels are longer and take up more room, that leaves less room for the bars.

charts.JPG

Thanks for your help. 

Rose

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.