Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mkrapez
Frequent Visitor

Trying to combine Multiple Excel files from SharePoint on PowerBI

I followed the tutorial from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/combining-excel-files-hosted-on-a-sharepoint-folder/

The excel files have 4 rows empty before the headers 

- So I tried two approaches:

Not combining the files yet and just editing them to filter only the files that I want that have the same headings. Then combining them and it only gives me one files rows and all others are null. Also, when I click the filter button on the header it says List may be incomplete, and click Load more, I load more and it shows all the feilds that I wanted on the filter tab but dont show on the acutal spreadsheet.

- Also tired what was recommended which was to combine them, all the excel files have 4 rows empty before the headers not sure if this causes a problem. and when I click okay it only gives me the rows of the example file I picked, and all other values are Null.

Not sure why its not combining them even when I have all the files filtered to the correct ones, also the button that I see everywhere that says 'Combine Binaries' on mine its called Combine Files? Please help me figure this out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mkrapez,

You may check the steps in The Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mkrapez
Frequent Visitor

Okay, so I was able to combine them all correctly but I do not have the data source yet! I've tried the same process on Excel. The problem is when I try to apply the query it takes probably 2 hours to try and load all the rows, and it seems to load them twice. then I get an error saying im not connected anymore and that my credentials are invalid but they arent. I am just trying to combine them all and be able to use them. But they are just stuck in power query ?

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mkrapez,

You may check the steps in The Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mkrapez
Frequent Visitor

I followed the tutorial from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/combining-excel-files-hosted-on-a-sharepoint-folder/

The excel files have 4 rows empty before the headers 

- So I tried two approaches:

Not combining the files yet and just editing them to filter only the files that I want that have the same headings. Then combining them and it only gives me one files rows and all others are null. Also, when I click the filter button on the header it says List may be incomplete, and click Load more, I load more and it shows all the feilds that I wanted on the filter tab but dont show on the acutal spreadsheet.

- Also tired what was recommended which was to combine them, all the excel files have 4 rows empty before the headers not sure if this causes a problem. and when I click okay it only gives me the rows of the example file I picked, and all other values are Null.

Not sure why its not combining them even when I have all the files filtered to the correct ones, also the button that I see everywhere that says 'Combine Binaries' on mine its called Combine Files? Please help me figure this out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.