Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ErikBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Trying to combine 2 visuals into one.

Hello! firstly I hope you're all doing well.

Secondly, I have a question and I hope someone knows a solution! I have 2 gauge charts.

image.png

The left gauge shows the amount of money spent compared the the budget.

The other shows the "%gereed" which means the progression of the project.

So basically, if the left gauge is higher than the right, the project doing poor. If the right gauge is further, the project is doing good.

I am trying to combine these two gauges into one, by using the progression % as a target in the spent gauge (now shows as 16k). The problem is that I want to show the target value as percentage, which i can't, because I had to do the progression% x budget to get the line at the correct spot in the gauge. 

So my question is, how can I show the percentage number as the target value? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ErikBI , not sure I got it. But you can create target % and use that in a target measure in second chart ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-radial-gauge-charts#step-3-...

danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

I would create a separate measure for the % Budget Spent based on the current spend of the project.  Then you can compare the percentage progreess versus the percentage of your budget spent. The dial gauge would then use the percentage progress as the target, so if your budget spent was 15% and your progress was 13 % then the dial would indicate that the progress was behind budget %age. 
combined gauge.png

This is a very nice and simple solution.

The only downside is that I want to show the absolute values of budget and the spendings in the visual.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Would have to play with this, do you have sample data and calculations you can share? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I can't share the source data, so I recreated a simple example in excel.

image.png

The budget is the sum of the budgets of all projects.

The progress (35%) is calculated by sum progress weighted divided by sum budget (=D8/B8)

The spendings come from another table.

So what I would like, is the gauge with the total budget as the max value, the spendings as the data value, and the 35% as target value. 

This is the best example data i can give, I hope it's useful for you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.