Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheCaputoGroup
Frequent Visitor

Trying to chart sales data with dates and clients

I am trying to create a chart with monthly or weekly sales data across multiple clients. Previously when I did this with yearly data I created a unique row for each year and client and had columns which had the year listed. Then I assigned the yearly data to the appropriate cell under the correct column and left the other cells empty. It looked something like this: 

Company                   2017             2018           2019

ABC Company          550k

ABC Company                                590k

ABC Company                                                  500k

I have a CSV file which has each client and the sales data across dates like this:

Company                   1/1/19              2/1/19                  3/1/19              4/1/19

ABC Company           45k                      32k                      60k                     47k

I would like to transform this data to create the same kind of chart I did with the above sheet where it show sales data across the selected dates and I can choose to label the client's or just aggregate the data. Is there a way to do this without creating separate rows for each date? It seems like there would be an easier way than the way I chose but I am new to Power BI so I am not sure how I would go about this. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@TheCaputoGroup ,

If the above table is the raw table you need to achieve, you need to add rows manually in power bi, or in database. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I am curious if I must create new rows for each sales month or if I can use one client row with the sales data for all dates or I must have separate rows for each sales date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.