Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TheCaputoGroup
Frequent Visitor

Trying to chart sales data with dates and clients

I am trying to create a chart with monthly or weekly sales data across multiple clients. Previously when I did this with yearly data I created a unique row for each year and client and had columns which had the year listed. Then I assigned the yearly data to the appropriate cell under the correct column and left the other cells empty. It looked something like this: 

Company                   2017             2018           2019

ABC Company          550k

ABC Company                                590k

ABC Company                                                  500k

I have a CSV file which has each client and the sales data across dates like this:

Company                   1/1/19              2/1/19                  3/1/19              4/1/19

ABC Company           45k                      32k                      60k                     47k

I would like to transform this data to create the same kind of chart I did with the above sheet where it show sales data across the selected dates and I can choose to label the client's or just aggregate the data. Is there a way to do this without creating separate rows for each date? It seems like there would be an easier way than the way I chose but I am new to Power BI so I am not sure how I would go about this. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@TheCaputoGroup ,

If the above table is the raw table you need to achieve, you need to add rows manually in power bi, or in database. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I am curious if I must create new rows for each sales month or if I can use one client row with the sales data for all dates or I must have separate rows for each sales date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.