Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

netanel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Try to sort column A

Hey Guys!

I am preparing financial statements and am having the following problem:
1. I try to sort column A by column B and its not work.
2. I tried to make a formula and do it in its order, and it did not work
3. I tried to create a calculated column and do in its order, and it did not work
Column A = Description
Column B = order
Column C = Report Name

Please Help 

sort by Messure                                           

עזרה 5.PNG

sort by  calculated column                                                              

עזרה 6.PNG

עזרה 7.PNGעזרה 8.PNGעזרה 9.PNGעזרה 10.PNG

Did I answer your question?
Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin
linkedin.com/in/netanel-shriki
9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@netanel what error are you getting?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi thanks for the quick response,
This is the message I get when I try to sort column A by column B.

עזרה 11.PNG

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

@netanel so basically you can have the only unique combination for column a and b, for example:

This will work

col a    col b

1           X

2           Y

3           Z

1           X

2           Y

This will not work as value for 1  in col b is not the same in col b

col a    col b

1           X

2           Y

3           Z

1           Z

2           Y

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Yes but these are the same descriptions but in different reports

For example

Col A         Col B             Col C (Reports Name)

1                  X                   P&L

2                  Y                   P&L

3                  Z                   P&L

1                  Z                   Balnce Sheet

2                  Y                   Balance Sheet

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

@netanel not sure what you mean value for 1, 2 is not unique it is p&L and balance sheet and it will not work. Not sure what you mean it is in different reports, the report has nothing to do with it, it is all about tables and columns.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

First of all thanks for the help and time!

Ok I understand you, when I built the DATA I put a number in column A for each section in the report but when the report changed I put numbers from the beginning again so that number 1 can be both profit and loss and balance sheet.
What are you actually saying that it is not right to do so?
I have to run the index for all sections of all reports together.

Do you have an idea for me?

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

Hi , @netanel 

If button "sort by  column " or create a index doesn't work, have you tried to sort column in table visual directly?

61.png
You can take a try  to  use  shift + click  to sort the column in table  visual.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hey,

I work on visual zabra table, in regolar table that work greet.

In the normal table visual it works by inserting column A and then clicking on the column and it works out ,
The problem is when  I'm working on a zebra visual table

Appreciate your Kudos!

Connect on Linkedin

Hi , @netanel 

I don't have much experience in visual zabra table .

Sorry for that I cannot assist.

I think you can post your question to support team for better advice.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.