Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JP_Caterpillar

True/False based on Multiple Column Conditions

Good afternoon all, 

Was hoping for some assistance. I am currently working on a Power Bi project where I need to specify whether an action is past due based on if any of the other steps are past due. There are 3 steps ICA, RCCA, and PCA for one document number. That can show past due "Not Complete" and "Past Due". Filtering does not seem to calculate correctly. 

I have tried a few suggestions that I have found and nothing seems to be working. This is what I am working with right now. 

NCR Past Due = Calculate(True(),('Audit Findings Data','Audit Findings Data'[ICA Completed]= "Complete",'Audit Findings Data'[ICA PAST DUE]= "Past Due",'Audit Findings Data'[RCCA Completed]="Complete",'Audit Findings Data'[RCCA Past Due]= "Past Due",'Audit Findings Data'[PCA Submitted ?]= "Complete", 'Audit Findings Data'[PCA Submission PAST DUE]= "Past Due")

2021-02-19_12-08-29.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JP_Caterpillar ,

You can add a new column in the power query, try the following formula: 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value", "Custom1", each if [ICA Completed] = "Complete" and [ICA PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" and [RCCA Completed] = "Complete" and [RCCA PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" and [PCA Submitted] = "Complete" and [PAC SUBMISSION PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" then "Ture" else "False")

Capture.PNG

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JP_Caterpillar ,

You can add a new column in the power query, try the following formula: 

= Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value", "Custom1", each if [ICA Completed] = "Complete" and [ICA PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" and [RCCA Completed] = "Complete" and [RCCA PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" and [PCA Submitted] = "Complete" and [PAC SUBMISSION PAST DUE] = "Pass Due" then "Ture" else "False")

Capture.PNG

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Henry, I did not get a chance to try this but it does seem to work. We actually might have achieved the same goal just more complicated by creating 3 new columns and collecting the columns if they had value to get the count using the the Switch to function to get the card to populate the number based off the 6 conditions being met.  I am going to mark this as Accept as Solution because it seems like a lot less steps to get the job done. Appreciate your Help! 

2021-02-26_14-37-28.png

Then the switch to

2021-02-26_14-39-30.png

Then I was able to perform a count on the ones that were past due. 

Hi @JP_Caterpillar ,

Very honored to be able to help you.😊

Best Regards,

Henry

Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JP_Caterpillar 

So it is a calculated column with OR logic? Are you trying to do it?

NCR Past Due =
'Audit Findings Data'[ICA Completed] = "Complete"
    || 'Audit Findings Data'[ICA PAST DUE] = "Past Due"
    || 'Audit Findings Data'[RCCA Completed] = "Complete"
    || 'Audit Findings Data'[RCCA Past Due] = "Past Due"
    || 'Audit Findings Data'[PCA Submitted ?] = "Complete"
    || 'Audit Findings Data'[PCA Submission PAST DUE] = "Past Due"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.