Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Troubleshooting Performance of Power BI Report

I have a report which is nearly 500 MB in size. The Report is scheduled to refresh for every 1 hour.  It is getting failed showing that error. Timed Out.  Is there a way to troubleshoot the Queries/tables/measures/calculations. So, I can the get rid of this issue.

Even, if i tries to refresh the data in desktop environment, it takes nearly 3 hours to refresh and for publishing another 3 hours. It is pain to do it every day.

Any Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rocky09 ,

Please refer to this case to find the ways to optimize your data model in Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
KayceVC
Helper II
Helper II

Are you able to post a picture of your Model? Hard to say how you can optimize without getting a general idea of what you have going on in the background. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

in PBI Service try to implement Incremental Refresh to refresh quickly.....but in desktop i dont think there is a way,In desktop, if we click Refresh button,,,,it brings all the data everytime

Thank you @Anonymous  for your time to answer.  But, I am looking for Report optimization techniques.  Definitely, incremental refresh can save time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

well..if u have issues with refresh data...so first u need to optimize refresh process,,,,,report optimization has no effect on refresh process,,,,,the report visuals are refreshed only after ur data model is refreshed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.