Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnnyquest420
Regular Visitor

Trouble makeing pie chart show as percent of SELECTED total, instead of grand total

I will preface this as saying that 1) I understand that when I click on another GRAPH in my dashboard, the pie chart is programmed to automatically show only % of grand total and 2) I understand this can be solved by using the "slicers" visualization.

All data from my dashboard in question is from the same source data table. I already have 3 slicers to filter the 3 charts (two bar charts and one pie chart) on my dashboard and they work exactly as I like (When I select items from my slicers, the pie chart changes to showing slices as a % of total selected items). HOWEVER when I try to add a few specific OTHER slicers (slicers containing fields with more field options) my pie chart defaults to only showing % of grand total. What am I doing wrong that with a few specific fields in my dashboard, the pie chart will only show as percent of grand total? It seems to happen only with fields with a higher number of options (10+?). Could this be causing my problems?

POWER BI1.PNG

When I use the slicers shown above, the pie chart works correctly and shows as a % of the SELECTED total.

POWER BI2.PNG

When I create the NEW slicer that I want to add and I select an item from it, the pie chart does NOT display the percentages teh same way.  Now they are showing as a % of the GRAND total

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johnnyquest420,

I will preface this as saying that 1) I understand that when I click on another GRAPH in my dashboard, the pie chart is programmed to automatically show only % of grand total and 2) I understand this can be solved by using the "slicers" visualization.

Based on my you should be able to use the Edit Interaction option under Format tab to make the the Visual/Graph and Slicer filter the Pie Chart in the same way(show as percent of selected total). 

1. Select the Visual/Graph.

2. In Desktop, select Format > InteractionsTo turn on the visualization interaction controls, select Edit interactions.

3.  Select the filter icon  on the Pie Chart.

r3.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johnnyquest420,

Based on my you should be able to use the Edit Interaction option under Format tab to make the the Visual/Graph and Slicer filter the Pie Chart in the same way(show as percent of selected total). 

1. Select the Visual/Graph.

2. In Desktop, select Format > InteractionsTo turn on the visualization interaction controls, select Edit interactions.

3.  Select the filter icon  on the Pie Chart.

r3.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.