cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave24meyers
Helper I
Helper I

Trouble getting Cross report drill through to work

I can get drill through to work, but now trying to get cross-report drill through to work. Both reports use same dataset and reports are saved in the same worksapce. 

Employment Detail (to be drilled to/target)

• table with
    • dave24meyers_0-1638821272613.png

• The page has drill through cross-report turned on and below values set for drill-through:
    • dave24meyers_1-1638821361331.png

Source report"Maryland KPI's"

• Has a card for "Average Wage" and has a measure "have of wage - 0 instead of blank" that is also on the target report. 

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you testing it in the published versions of the report?  Cross report will not work from .pbix to .pbix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@dave24meyers 

On the report where you are drilling from go to File > Options and Settings > Options > Current File > Report Settings and enable turn on "Allow visuals in this report to use drillthrough targets from other reports."

jdbuchanan71_0-1638822238864.png

@jdbuchanan71 I have already done that. 

Are you testing it in the published versions of the report?  Cross report will not work from .pbix to .pbix.

Thanks!! That was it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!