Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

David283
Helper I
Helper I

Trouble displaying images saved in dataverse table

I have saved images in a custom image type column in dataverse, and am trying to display them on my Power Bi report (will be shared from the cloud using pro license).

But so far i haven't been able to display them in the desktop or the cloud. 

My DV column in my table =

David283_0-1662253217350.png

And when I pull the table into Power BI it looks like this =

David283_1-1662253488795.png

Now doing some research I learned I may need to alter the URL above to include my environment, so I added a prefix to this column so now it starts https://myenviro.......  I took the resulting URL from this and tested it in google chrome and it works, the image loads in chrome.  But these images are not public, users accessing this report have to be authenticated to Microsoft 365.

On my report I have tried 3 different visuals to get this to display.  I have tried both version of Image by CloudScope, the certified and uncertified versions.  And I tried just a table visual. But the images never load, either on BI desktop or when I publish to the cloud.

David283_0-1662254532788.png

Can anyone offer some advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @David283 ,

Notice that there are limitations in displaying images in power bi:

vmengzhumsft_0-1662344576509.png

Display images in a table or matrix in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

At the same time, if you’d like to add the url link to image, you'll need to save the image file online and link to it. Make sure special credentials aren't required to access the image file. For example, OneDrive and SharePoint require authentication, so images stored there can't be added  in this way.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @David283 ,

Notice that there are limitations in displaying images in power bi:

vmengzhumsft_0-1662344576509.png

Display images in a table or matrix in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

At the same time, if you’d like to add the url link to image, you'll need to save the image file online and link to it. Make sure special credentials aren't required to access the image file. For example, OneDrive and SharePoint require authentication, so images stored there can't be added  in this way.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you for the reply.  At least now i know this isnt possible.

I can think of one other place that these can be stored for my use, so i will try another approch, thank you.

How did you do this?

I ended up saving the images to a public folder on our website and linking to them.  Beacuse the location required no authintication it worked for a few different image display tools in Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors