Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ledoyle1121
Frequent Visitor

Trouble displaying data in correct order by quarter/month

Hi,

I am using a line and stacked column chart to display the total number of requests received each month. I've been using the Timeline splicer to toggle between Year, Quarter, Month, etc. and it's been working well. However, for some reason when I've selected Q4 of 2017 and Q1 of 2018, the columns in the chart have not been displaying in the order I expect. For example, if I select Q4 and Q1, I would think the bars displayed would order the months as October, November, December, January, February, (and March if applicable). Instead, what I'm seeing is January, February, October, November, December. I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate my data to show the months not in the normal chronological order, but instead corresponding to the Quarters I've selected. 

I've attached a screenshot in hopes that someone might have a way to fix this. 

Thanks!

visual dates.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ledoyle1121,

Please click the third drill down button to drill down your chart, and you can turn off concatenate labels for X-Axis.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ledoyle1121,

Please click the third drill down button to drill down your chart, and you can turn off concatenate labels for X-Axis.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.