Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mterry
Helper V
Helper V

Trouble creating a new measure showing percent of totals

I have a table with two columns, one column has various questions, the other has responses that fall into 3 categories: positive, negative and neutral. I have a clustered column chart with the 'Questions' being the value for the Axis, the 'Categorized Responses' being the Legend, and then the Count of Categorized Responses being a value. This gives me a visual where I can compare the number of positive, negative and neutral responses were received for each question. I'm struggling to create a measure showing the percentage of positive, negative and neutral responses broken out by question. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you essentially need is a measure that counts number of Positive responses, Neutral, and Negative.  Then a separate measure that counts all rows.  Lastly you'd have a measure that gets your percentage.  When you wish to display this information, you can use the 3 percent measures and the context of the question should contrain the results
These measures need to be done using ALLEXCEPT such that is can take the context of which question it is considering.  So i'd be expecting something like:

AllCount = CALCULATE(
	countrows('YourTable'),
	ALLEXCEPT('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Question])
)

PositiveCount = CALCULATE(
	countrows('YourTable'),
	ALLEXCEPT('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Question]),
	'YourTable'[Answer] = "Positive"
)

PositivePercent = DIVIDE(
	[PositiveCount],
	[AllCount]
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you essentially need is a measure that counts number of Positive responses, Neutral, and Negative.  Then a separate measure that counts all rows.  Lastly you'd have a measure that gets your percentage.  When you wish to display this information, you can use the 3 percent measures and the context of the question should contrain the results
These measures need to be done using ALLEXCEPT such that is can take the context of which question it is considering.  So i'd be expecting something like:

AllCount = CALCULATE(
	countrows('YourTable'),
	ALLEXCEPT('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Question])
)

PositiveCount = CALCULATE(
	countrows('YourTable'),
	ALLEXCEPT('YourTable', 'YourTable'[Question]),
	'YourTable'[Answer] = "Positive"
)

PositivePercent = DIVIDE(
	[PositiveCount],
	[AllCount]
)

Worked like a charm, thanks for your help again!

Okay I'll try that, thanks for the help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.