Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tricky Relationship Situation

I have 2 data sources connected through a unique ID. One is a SQL data source, the other is from Salesforce. I have a one-to-many relationship between the 2 tables:

1.PNG

So, 'Unique ID' from Delta account = 'Co' from M3 Billing. This works fine for the most part, but there is some data from my M3 Billing table that didn't link up correctly due to the unique ID being different between the data sources. So any company that starts with a 'F' has blank fields for everything in a table I have. The "Co" column is coming from my M3 Billing dataset;

1.PNG

So what's happening, is for some reason these companies have a different 'Unique ID' field in Salesforce:

1.PNG

So for these particular set of records, I need it to be linked up to the 'Flex M3 ID' field rather than the 'Unique ID' field so I can get my data populated the way I need to. It's tricky because most records are fine and give me what I need when linking 'Unique ID'->'Co' from both tables, but I don't know how to account for the remaining records that need the relationship to be 'Unique ID'->'Flex M3 ID' so all the data gets populated. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

I guess what @Vvelarde was trying to say was to create a calculated column using a formula like below and use this column to connect the two tables assuming that you are referring to Company as Delta Account. 

New Unique ID =
IF (
    LEFT ( Delta[Delta Account], 1 ) = "F",
    Delta[Flex M3 ID],
    Delta[Unique ID]
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

I will try to created a calculated column in both tables with this condition.

New Column = Unique ID Column except That Co Start with F. If Start with F use Flex M3 ID.

And use this new column to related.

Victor

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vvelarde, this makes perfect sense but I'm not exactly sure what that formula would look like. The Flex M3 ID only exists in one of my datasets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.