Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hxkresl
Helper V
Helper V

Trendline not available & no forecasting feature in options (may 2017 version)

I have read related posts on topic of Trendlines, and I have a continuous date column on X axis, but trend lines not working on stacked bar chart.

What additional requirements need to be satisfied to get the trendlines?

I am using stacked bar chart and would like to add a predictive trendline (at this point, just because) and I'm not finding the option

Capture.PNG

and no forecasting option available using Version: 2.46.4732.721 64-bit (May 2017)

Capture1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hxkresl,

From this documenta trend line currently applies to:

• Non-stacked Line
  • Clustered Column chart

In Power BI desktop May release, the forecasting feature is available, but only supports Line chart.

So, we could not add a trendline or enable forecasting in a stacked column chart. You could submit this feature request at below page:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?query=multiple%20values%20into%20line%20chart

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

Yet, a bar chart published to power bi dashboard by another dept has trendlines.  Can you tell by looking at this stacked bar chart what type of trendlines they are?

Capture3.PNG

Line and Stacked column chart permit 'Line values'.  

Capture1.PNG

@v-yulgu-msft  are line values and trend lines different?

Hi @hxkresl,

Yes, line values and trend lines are different. Line values means that adding columns or measures into values section under fields pane to generate a line. Trend line is an option under Analytics pane for some certain chart visuals.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.