Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZeDe
Frequent Visitor

Trendline no longer available when going the a lower hierarchy-level

Hi,

I have a bar chart with a date hierarchy on the axis and Sales-numbers as the values. When it's showing the default view (years on the axis) I have the possibility to add a trendline, as shown in the picture.

ZeDe_1-1648024235543.png

If I click the most right hierarchy-button (to get to a lower level), I get the exact view I want. But as shown in the second picture, there is no option here to show a trendline. 

ZeDe_2-1648024369857.png

Am I doing something wrong here or is there a workaround to show a trendline on the second visual?

Also there are 65-ish bars and it's only showing like 50 or so. Is there a way to fix this as well?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yours is a good solution , I thought of another one.
Month = Year('Calendar'[Date]) &”-“&Month('Calendar'[Date])
and set it to date format ,Then click here to achieve the desired effect.
jak11_0-1648112744671.pngjak11_1-1648112829017.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not use date hierarchy  ,the trend line can be displayed normally by using the year, month and day of the date table.😮

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tried linking my date values of my primary table to those of my date table, Added a non-hierarchy Year and Month column. Unfortunately I still don't have the option to select a trendline.

ZeDe_0-1648029118177.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

you month is not a normal date format.

@Anonymous  

These are my DAX-formulas I used to add a calculated column for year and month that i used on my visual:
Year = Year('Calendar'[Date])
Month = Month('Calendar'[Date])

I think that if you want to add a trendline you can only do this when you have one value on your X-axis, and it must be a numerical one (not a categorical).
And as I am using two numerical values (year and month) on my axis, it automatically switches to categorical. The only solution now is the make a bar chart combined with a line chart that displays the trendline through a DAX-formula.
Or am I missing something?

Kind regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yours is a good solution , I thought of another one.
Month = Year('Calendar'[Date]) &”-“&Month('Calendar'[Date])
and set it to date format ,Then click here to achieve the desired effect.
jak11_0-1648112744671.pngjak11_1-1648112829017.png

Hi @Anonymous, I missed the part where i changed the format of my field to date...

Thank you for pointing this out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.