Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArchStanton
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Trendline needed

I have a simple linechart with MonthName on the x-axis (this is derived from my own custom built calendar going from Apr to Mar as per Financial Year) and a DISTINCTCOUNT Measure of IDs for the Y axis, I would like to add a Trendline.

I do not see the option at all when using the Line Chart or Clustered Column chart: 

ArchStanton_0-1678812151748.png

Can anyone help? Thjis should be easy to do, its very frustrating!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ArchStanton 

I would think they would be the same line.

nleuck_101_0-1678900338557.png

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

@eng23 

Can you screenshot your measure?

Yes,

eng23_0-1679433042726.png

@eng23 

It looks like you're using a measure at the Intercept + Slope * measure in the RETURN section. You want to use your column [Progress_date] not a measure.

ok , but may I ask why there is the red line under my [Slope1] and [intercept]? thanks..

@eng23 

When you use LINEST or LINESTX it creates a single row with ten columns. In the measure that I provided we are creating a variable using LINESTX. The red lines under [Slope1] and [Intercept] is becasue it doesn't recognize those as columns until you've finished creating the measure. Those variables get calculated in order from top to bottom.

@ArchStanton 
I have the same thing with mine but it works just fine.

nleuck_101_0-1678898776952.png

with same Y Axis set at Zero:

ArchStanton_1-1678899979426.png

Thanks, I've finally got it to work 😊

I've notice the trendline is far steeper with your Variable (see solid line in top line graph) compared to when I use the inbuilt Trendline using the Continuous x Axis date range. This inbuilt range has every other month missing which is why I'm desperate for an alternative option.

I guess I need to decide which one to use. My only other option is to Snip an image of the the x axis with complete months and paste them over in Powerpoint when this get presented, incredible we still have to do this in 2023!

Thanks for all of your help!

@ArchStanton 

I would think they would be the same line.

nleuck_101_0-1678900338557.png

as per screenshot, one is far steeper than the other. Its fine though, I can use either

Thanks for helping me with this, much appreciated!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ArchStanton , Click on the first icon.

amitchandak_0-1678814447116.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors