cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leg14 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Trend line of past KPI's values

let's say I have a KPI which is a simple calculation like

SUMX(FILTER(Table;Table[Date] < Today());Table[Column])

I would like to plot a time series of the KPI's past values (for example for the first day of every month since 01-01-2014), so for instance it is enough to create a new table - Trend_Table - with two columns - DATE, KPI and calculate each row's KPI value as

SUMX(FILTER(Table;Table[Date] < Trend_Table[Date]);Table[Column])

(it may not exactly work that way in DAX but you get the idea)

The problem is I really want to have online values, which means that once the September begins a new row with DATE = '01-09-2018' should be added automatically to the table 'Tren_Table'. Is it possible in Power BI? Any referalls greatly welcomed.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trend line of past KPI's values

Hi @leg14,

>>The problem is I really want to have online values, which means that once the September begins a new row with DATE = '01-09-2018' should be added automatically to the table 'Tren_Table'

I think you are misunderstood of trend line feature, current it only display a trend line based on existing records. These trend data not really add to table, So you can't find new rows for these data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |