Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend axis trouble

Hi all,

I am trying to create a kpi which shows how many active documents are in the system at any given hour on a particular day (i.e. from CreationDate until CompletionDate). I am currently working with historical data so it's from CreationDate until CompletionDate where either CompletionDate is NULL or Completion Date > SelectedDate (12Feb2018). I have set up a measure to calculate the active documents and a table of 24 hours from 00:00-23:00. This is my code:

ActiveDocs = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNTA('Cases'[CreationDate]), 
    FILTER(
ALL('Cases'), 'Cases'[CreationDate] < DATE(2018, 02, 12) ), FILTER( ALL('Cases'), OR( ISBLANK('Cases'[CompletionDate]), 'Cases'[CompletionDate] >= DATE(2018, 02, 12) ) ) )

The numbers being put out by my measure are correct as I have checked them against the data in SQL. The trend is supposed to be over the whole day and is separated by hour. I have been using an Area chart to practice on and visualise what is happening and all I get is the data at the very start of the day rather than at 24 different points.

Capture.PNG

I think something might be wrong with the relationships, I can't seem to work out if the Time table (formatted HH:00) is linked in correctly to 'Cases' (the table my measure relates to) and if not, what it links into. Currently, I have set up a calculated column with the hour of the CompletionDate rounded down and linked the my Time table into that.

Can someone figure out where I have gone wrong?

Many thanks

Dan

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without sample data and/or a data model schema it's impossible to give you an answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I best share that? I can't seem to find a way on the reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A link to a file shared somewhere.

If they are few records, you can write on the message.

An image of model view

Anonymous
Not applicable
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

The numbers being put out by my measure are correct as I have checked them against the data in SQL. The trend is supposed to be over the whole day and is separated by hour. I have been using an Area chart to practice on and visualise what is happening and all I get is the data at the very start of the day rather than at 24 different points.

I think something might be wrong with the relationships, I can't seem to work out if the Time table (formatted HH:00) is linked in correctly to 'Cases' (the table my measure relates to) and if not, what it links into. Currently, I have set up a calculated column with the hour of the CompletionDate rounded down and linked the my Time table into that.

Could you share some sample data and the relashiotiop structure between 'Cases', 'Time' and other tables?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

I sent you a private message with a reduced data set as I can't legally give you the whole file.

Many thanks!

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.