Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend axis on kpi card missing

Hello!

The trend axis is missing on my kpi-card even though it is turned on and transparency is set to 0%
Here is how it looks in a chart:

einarrattgard_0-1626174447255.png

Why is the axis not showing up?
I use the same column for the trend axis as i do in the chart.

9 REPLIES 9
tpagano
Regular Visitor

I just came across a similar issue and was searching to see if this was expected behavior.  The transparency seems to be reversed for the KPI visual - if I set it to 100% transparency, I would expect it to be invisible (this is how it works on other visuals).  However when I do that it becomes 100% solid.  When I change it to 0% transparency it is then invisible.

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Check the document:Key Performance Indicator (KPI) visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I find this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1626332771153.png

Have you tried to sort 'quarter year' solumn? If it doesn't work, please share a sample file then We can further troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-janeyg-msft 
Hello! I've tried this, but it doesn't work. Would love to sample a file, is there an easy way to do that? Since some of the data is protected, I can't share everything

@Anonymous  Hi, Any updates?

Hello, @Anonymous 

Are your data results correct? It just doesn't show a trend? You can choose to provide the file doesn't contain sensitive information or make a fake data file. Because we temporarily can't find the problem from the information you provided. Thank you.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you share visual property? what is used on the trend Axis

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 
einarrattgard_0-1626175704207.png

Quarter Year is "Q1 2021" in a quarter calendar.  ( one row per quarter)

einarrattgard_1-1626175912739.png

einarrattgard_2-1626175968060.png

@Anonymous , if you have a calendar table at date level, then try datesytd in your measure;  if not try MAX in place of selectedvalue in your measure and check, do your trend works

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

There is currently no date-column available in the report.
Will it work to use max if i've used ALL( 'Calendar Month')? Won't it just always return the latest month?

UPDATE: Using max instead of selected value didn't work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.