Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend Analysis

I am trying to evaluate sales trends in a particular geographical area (city) within a particular timeframe (usually 30 days) based on a particular event. I.e. if a sale is made to a particular entity, how are sales effected in the region in the next 30 days. Looking on how to build and automate this process so I can evaluate the effects in multiple areas.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can try to use analysis panel functions to generate a trendline based on your records, please take a look at the following link about analysis panel features:

Use the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop 

If above not help, you can also consider manually write a measure formula to calculate the trend. Please share some dummy data with expected result them we can test to coding formula on it.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have try meaures like

Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX(Sales[Sales Date]),-30,Day))

or
Rolling 30 day = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX(Sales[Sales Date]),-30,Day), allexcept(Sales,sales[region]))

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Please share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.