Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

Trend Analysis for Open and Closed Issues from Two Different Dates

Hi,

We have created a Power BI Reports Dashboard which gets data from a SharePoint List. The list is for Issue Tracking(Similer like IT Helpdesk System).

I want to create a visualization where i can see a trend of open & closed issues like shown in the below snap.Snap.JPG

There is a default column called Created which is capturing the date when the issue is created, and i have created an column called Closure Date just to track when the issue is closed (when the support person resolves the issue, the date and time stamp gets added in to the column).

The problem I am facing here is, I want to calculate the number of issues using two different date columns and not able to find any solution for that. 

Can someone please advise for a solution ro with correct direction.

Regards,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have got a solution on the reply of Phil_Seamark and it worked as expected. Below is the link for reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Plotting-2-dates-from-same-data-table-on-a-line-and-stacked...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have got a solution on the reply of Phil_Seamark and it worked as expected. Below is the link for reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Plotting-2-dates-from-same-data-table-on-a-line-and-stacked...

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AkshayManke,

Current power bi not support direct analytics date range who define by two different date columns.

In my opinion, you can create new table with expand detail records and build relationship to original tables. Then you can simply create visuals to analytic records between these date ranges.

Reference link:

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.