Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisbohill

Treemaps - Highlighting certain boxes

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple treemap of work packages withing a scope of work. The number of tasks within each work package determines the size while the % complete determines the saturation. 

Some of these work packages are on the project critial path. For each package I have 'Critial Path' attribute which is either Yes or No.

Is there a way to highlight, in the treemap, those work pacakges that are on the critial path by placing a border around the box? So all critial path work packages would be highlighted with a red border making it easy for the end user to quickly identify and see the % complete of those critial path packages.

Thanks!

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @chrisbohill,

Please share us more information of your requirement like some screenshots about the treemap or some sample data and its corresponding expected result. Otherwise, it is hard for us to understand your requirement.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up. See example mock-up below. I have my work packages (task count within each work package = size / color = % of those tasks completed).

Spoiler

What I want to do is highlight those work packages that have been defined as being on the critical path (I have an attribute called 'Critical Path' and each Work package will be either 'Yes' or 'No'. For those that are 'Yes' I want a way to easily distinguish them with a quick glance. I figured a border did this. See below.

Thanks!

Treemap.jpg

Hi @chrisbohill,

So in your scenario, you want to highlight the value based on conditions in Treemap. Right?

However as I know, currently conditional formatting can only be used in Table or Matrix. It is not supported in Treemap. I'm afraid your requirement cannot be achieved. Smiley Sad

And there already exists an Idea for it. You can vote it up.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9588453-conditional-formatting-th... 

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.