Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nathaliaalves
Regular Visitor

Treemap summarization of a quick measure

Hello,

I'm trying to use a Treemap for showing average values from a quick measure for a category and its details. However, it seems that the Treemap is sorting the category over the sum of the averages of each detail instead of the averages overall.

My Treemap looks like this:

nathaliaalves_0-1660228558374.png

My quick measure looks like this:

AverageWorkingHours =
DIVIDE(
    SUM('FactCampusCH'[Carga-horária]),
    SUM('FactCampusQtdDocentes'[Quantidade Docentes])
)

FactCampusCH looks like this:
nathaliaalves_3-1660229501366.png

FactCampusQtdDocentes looks like this:

nathaliaalves_4-1660229582604.png

I noticed that each category block (e.g. campuses CTC, CCS, CFH, CCS, etc.) is sorted over the sum of each of their details (average working hours of Departments) but I wanted the biggest average to appear first and not the biggest sum. This makes it seems that "CTC" has bigger average working hours than "CTE" (because CTC has more Departments, making the sum of its averages bigger than CTE), which is not true.

nathaliaalves_1-1660228784937.png

If I take the details off, the Treemap looks (correctly) like this (CTE first, CDS second, etc.):

nathaliaalves_5-1660229884170.png

I wanted to maintain this correct order with the details. But once I put on the details the Treemap changes the ordering 😞

Any ideas on how can I achieve this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Aethelson

I have exactly the same problem. Is there any solution?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nathaliaalves , Tree Map does not support the sort option. The usual trick is to add a tooltip and sort of that

Sorry, I didn't quite understand. I don't want to "sort", I just want the order of the category "blocks" to be based on the average and not the sum of the details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.