Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ManuSacchetti
Helper I
Helper I

TreeMap linked to a Simple Filter

Hello Community,

I need help with a Treemap and a Normal Filter. When I choose the options that I need in the Treemap, I want the normal filter to show me the options I have selected until then. Here you have an example, I have selected three options for three different treemaps (YES - LTO - HYBRID) and when I choose the brand filter, it shows me all of the options available in the table when I only have two brand options available (BYD - TOYOTA):

ManuSacchetti_0-1656001338182.png

All of the filters and the treemaps are in the same table. Could you help me with this?

Kind regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @ManuSacchetti 

Is the Brand (And other slicer data) coming from the same table as the treemap filters? If not you may need to check that there is a relationship connecting these tables together.

Yes! They all come from the same table (New RFI):

ManuSacchetti_0-1656005069504.png

Hi @ManuSacchetti 

The next thing to check would be the edit interations. If you click on your treemap and navigate to the Format tab near the top of the screen you'll find edit interations.

You want to double check that the treemaps are set to filter the slicers which is the left option shown below.

NVIDIA_Share_vn19tKyMy5.png

It does not work 😞 All treemaps are set to filter the slicers with the indicated option:

ManuSacchetti_2-1656008058493.png

Could it be that treemap filters can't be linked to slicers?

Hi @ManuSacchetti

Unfortunately this may be the case. I've also tried to use a treemap to filter slicers in my own test envrionment and I'm encountering the same issue.

It would be worth posting this as an Issue/Idea here. That way the support team can flag it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.