Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tree map formatting question

Does anyone know how to fix the tree map to show the entire category label?  All of mine are too long and are being shortened with ... at the end of an abbreviated word.  Both making the font smaller and making the visual larger are not options.

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The format for Treemap is very limited.  Due to your constraints, I don't think there is a valid solution so far.  The only thing I can think of is to turn on the 'Tooltip' in the format. So when you hover the mouse to the long string, the complete string will show.

Another workaround is you give a short name for each category and put the short name in the 'group' field but put the full name in the 'Tooltips' field.  So you can get ride of the ellipse in the visual and the full name can be seen when you hover the mouse on top of that particular area.

Hope it helps.

Eric Ji | Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Annotation 2019-11-21 142348.png for example

Anonymous
Not applicable

The format for Treemap is very limited.  Due to your constraints, I don't think there is a valid solution so far.  The only thing I can think of is to turn on the 'Tooltip' in the format. So when you hover the mouse to the long string, the complete string will show.

Another workaround is you give a short name for each category and put the short name in the 'group' field but put the full name in the 'Tooltips' field.  So you can get ride of the ellipse in the visual and the full name can be seen when you hover the mouse on top of that particular area.

Hope it helps.

Eric Ji | Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
www.designmind.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks for the tips!  These should do the trick for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.