Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruserty
Regular Visitor

Trasformation of dates

Hello!

I made a querry to Google Analytics to shape graphs with data.

When I make a bar chart with traffic to our website, I put date (ddmm) as an x-axis, but when I put it as days, it shows data for 1Nov , 1 June etc in the same coloumn. The same is for same months of different years.

How do I change it?

Thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ruserty,

You are using the date hierarchy correct? You need to use the Date as is in the visual options choose the date field and select Date instead of hierarchy.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks, but could you tell me if I can create custom hierarchy of dates by distinct weeks, quarters, years?

I want to be able to drill down them...

@ruserty,

What you want is creating year, quarter, week hierarchy, which is cannot be done. Besause for difference years, weeks are belong to different months.

We can create Year, Quarter, Month and Day hierarchy. And when you add a date field to a visual in the Axis field bucket, Power BI automatically adds a time hierarchy that includes Year, Quarter, Month and Day

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-3-11g-visual-hierarchies-drilli...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @ruserty,

You can create the custom hierarchies in two ways click the ... on the column you want then choose New Hierarchy and the on the rest of the columns select Add to Hierarchy, or jus drag and drop the columns on top of each other:

Hierarchy.png

Check also this tutorial: custom hierarchy

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.