Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jerome92

Transpose table per week

Hello everyone,

I am sending a weekly form to employees and the answers that I get are structured liked this :

Employee 1; Value 1; Value 2;

Employee 2; Value 1; Value 2;

I receive these results for every week and when aggregating data, file looks like this (for hundreds of employees) :

Week -1; Employee 1; Value 1; Value 2;

Week -1; Employee 2; Value 1; Value 2;

Week ; Employee 1; Value 1; Value 2;

Week ; Employee 2; Value 1; Value 2;

I would like to have a simple dashboard, showing data only for the last 2 weeks, that would look be a bit like this :

Employee 1; Value 1 for Week-1;Value 2 for Week-1; Value 1 for Week;Value 2 for Week; 

Employee 2; Value 1 for Week-1;Value 2 for Week-1; Value 1 for Week;Value 2 for Week; 

Any idea of how I can structure this and make it dynamic ?

I am quite new to Power BI and a bit lost.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Jérôme

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jerome92 ,

What is the data source? Is it from an excel file or some other data source? Does the employee information contain fields that can be used to identify the week (such as a date field)? Will each week only load the data for the current week? Do you only want to get the latest two weeks of employee information? Could you please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

In adddition, please review the following blog and check whether it can help you achieve your requirement.

Only Get the Last Few Periods of Data into Power BI using Power Query Filtering

yingyinr_0-1651129046578.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Jerome92 , Have you a sanitised version of your report or an view of your data model to fully understand what you are trying to achieve?

Thanks.

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.