Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transparent Tooltip from Page

Is it possible to make a Report Page Tooltip transparant? All the transparency options I see are not affecting it then I hover on the chart.

6 REPLIES 6
Crankster

Has there been any fixes to this issue?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I guess that you could try setting the page background on the tooltip page to transparency = 100% but that probably won't work. I think you would get some really weird looking results though even if it were possible but then again, I am not sure of what kind of effect you are going for.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a screenshot. Annotation (2).png

I want to make that like 30-40% transparent so the user can take a screenshot of the visual with the percentages on there. The user need to put this into a slideshow report each week. This same graph is used for many different "product lines" so there is not always open whitespace for the tooltip to fall into nicely. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can set it in "Format" pane by the following steps:

1. select the related visual

2. Navigate to "Format" pane, find "Tooltip" tab

3. Set the Background color and the value of Transparency

transparency.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft this only works when I am using the Page "Auto" selection. In my case, I had to create a Tooltip report page to eliminate 2 / 5 elements of my chart.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I encountered the same problem with you: set transparency with specific value does not work when I use the report page tooltip. It seems that the formatting settings of the report page tooltip not works well...

Here is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas , you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature .

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.