Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Translate Titles and Matrix Columns Name

Hello to all,

I created a dashboard in English, but I need to show it in Polish for local clients. I have chart titles and also matrix column names. You can see the example below.  For example for the bar chart instead of the "Ranking of the revenue of the cities" I need to write "Ranking dochodów w podziale na miasta" Also, you can see the matrix column names in Polish below screenshot. Is it possible to translate English titles automatically or do I have to change them manually? I also need to have the dashboard in English so that it can be understood by myself and my colleagues.

demderballsquad_0-1656056127616.png

demderballsquad_1-1656056170289.png

Thank you for your help! Have a nice day!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Saap
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can do two things:

1. Create separate report for your clients using the same dataset where you set up the language of columns as you want.
2. If you want to have it in one report, you can use bookmarks to switch visuals on button press to change languages.

View solution in original post

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use third-party tools to translate Power BI field and table names. This could be Visual Studio, Tabular Editor, or anything else that can handle and configure a tabular model.

For more information, please refer to: Multilingual Reports in Power BI 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use third-party tools to translate Power BI field and table names. This could be Visual Studio, Tabular Editor, or anything else that can handle and configure a tabular model.

For more information, please refer to: Multilingual Reports in Power BI 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thanks for the answer and sorry for the late response. I think this method is useful but in my case, I don't need to change the language frequently. That's why I decided to make it manually and for internal users I will keep one English dashboard. However, maybe in the future, I need this method for this reason I will keep it. Thanks again. 

Saap
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can do two things:

1. Create separate report for your clients using the same dataset where you set up the language of columns as you want.
2. If you want to have it in one report, you can use bookmarks to switch visuals on button press to change languages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer. I'm also thinking to do 1st option you mentioned. I trying my chance maybe I can find a more easy way to do it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.