Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tnsparks
Frequent Visitor

Translate Spanish text data into English text

Hello, I have a survey for Microsoft Forms that was given in both English and Spanish. It had a few open ended responses that allows people to type in their answers and some people typed their responses in Spanish. I pulled the data directly from Forms into BI and I want to know if there is a way to translate those spanish answers to english. Its about 12% of my data that is in spanish. I was hoping there was an app to work with BI but if there is I cant seem to find one. I am not against using an excel if that allows me to translate as well. I want to add that it is an open survey so constantly will be adding new results daily.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Khushi100

Hey tnsparks,

Absolutely! You can employ AI translation tools to convert the Spanish responses in your Microsoft Forms survey to English. While there might not be a direct app in BI, you can use Excel in tandem with an AI translation service to handle this.

Hope this helps 🙂

calculating
Frequent Visitor

Hello! If you are looking for a way to translate the Spanish responses in your Microsoft Forms survey to English, there are a few options available to you.

One option is to use a third-party translation service or app, such as Google Translate, Translate.How or DeepL, to manually translate each response. While this can be time-consuming, it can be an effective way to get accurate translations.

Another option is to use Microsoft's own translation services, which can be integrated with Microsoft Forms and Microsoft Power BI. You can try using the "Microsoft Translator" connector in Power BI to translate the Spanish responses automatically. However, this may require some setup and configuration, and may not be perfect.

Lastly, if you prefer to use Excel, you can try using the "Microsoft Translator" add-in for Excel to translate the Spanish responses. This add-in can be downloaded from the Microsoft Office Store and can be used to translate entire columns or ranges of cells.

Whichever option you choose, keep in mind that machine translations may not always be 100% accurate, so it's a good idea to review and double-check the translations for accuracy. Additionally, since you mentioned that new results will be added daily, you may need to set up a process to periodically translate new responses as they come in.

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @tnsparks 

Try reports (.pbix) translation Power Translate! this has been verified by MS AppSource.

also, see below links:

https://www.kasperonbi.com/setting-up-translations-for-power-bi-premium/

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@VahidDM Wont that only change my power BI column headers etc.? I want to actually translate my data that I pulled into Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.