Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reimer
Helper II
Helper II

Transforming cities into provinces

Hi all,

Can somebody help me please. I am a starter at Power BI and I am looking for a way to transform Dutch cities into Dutch provinces.

Do I have to add a column to the excell file or is it possible to do this automaticly within Power BI

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Reimer 

You cannot change Cities to Provinces, because Power Bi is not that kind of automate software to read your city and assign it to a province. You need manually enter the Province column and set it as Province data type.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Reimer 

You cannot change Cities to Provinces, because Power Bi is not that kind of automate software to read your city and assign it to a province. You need manually enter the Province column and set it as Province data type.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Reimer 

You can change the data type within powerbi

Help20.05.10_002_001.png

Does it work ? Mark it as a solution 

A kudos would be appreciated  🙂 

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Reimer 

Power BI can't convert the city to provinces automatically. You have to add another column to mention the provinces.

Then you can set the data category as state or provinces.

pro.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.